Pages

Labels

art (6) baking (5) crafts (3) Deals (1) fashion (7) life (3) nail art (6)

Thursday, April 19, 2012

BODY ROCK DAY 1


Recently I did some semi training for a football game that was just for fun and suddenly I wanted to do more. I wanted to jump higher, run faster, be stronger, and (most of all) HEALTHIER. So when my sister was visiting yesterday and we got on the subject of Body Rock, I exploded with questions. Trying to learn as much as possible I asked questions like “how fast will I lose weight?”, “will it get boring?”, and the typical “Am I going to lose my curves?”. I'm not a trainer or anything so I can't really they are the same for everyone (or even that they are correct), but from what I gather the answers are simple.
1)Weight Loss-It's going to be different for everyone depending on many factors, one being age. Most likely the older you are the slower the results will be and the younger the faster.
2)The Challenge-with body it seems as though more and more are contributing videos. This would then create a living, breathing program, meaning that your body will never get used to it because there is always something new.
3)Curves-You can never isolated muscles to make them stronger. So when you work out you will lose fat EVERYWHERE. BUT you will keep your ratios and possibly gain a little more curves. I am not saying that you will definitely lose your chest and I am not saying that you will definitely gain a chest. What I mean is that your back muscles may get stronger causing a different appearance of a figure.(also not guaranteeing anything because genes are also involved)
With this and more I became excited to start Body Rock.
Now to give some background you should know that I have never really been athletic. I have always been scared of getting hit in sports so I never played. Also I started doing intermediate yoga not so long ago, but I am not too fit just thin/skinny. Of course, I didn't take this too much into account before my first body rock, that work out kicked my butt C: no joke, haha.
At first I was okay beginning one of the warm ups and then by the end of it I just kept thinking how out of shape I am. Seriously, just the warm up got me racing. Then I began the actual workout (studying the modifications first http://www.bodyrock.tv/2012/04/16/my-body-rocks-workout-beginner-tutorial-abs-bonus/ )and withing the first 2 minutes I swore I was going to die(lol). Don't get me wrong it was a great workout and all, but ohmygosh I had to stop a lot due to some slight nausea(drinking water just before might have been my downfall). Close to the end I was close to just ending it. Fortunately I didn't give up and just kept going. When it was all over I basically just fell onto a bed. Then after a few minutes of watching ABC's “Scandal” I went back and did the cool down. Thank goodness the video was basically some yoga moves- that I could handle (: Even though it took me a long time to finish I couldn't help but feel accomplished c:
So there it is you guys, my first experience with body rock. I laughed, I cried (mostly cried haha), and finished with a sense of accomplishment. For those also beginning this journey to a more fit body or those who are far into it, please feel free to leave comments (:

No comments:

Post a Comment