Pages

Labels

art (6) baking (5) crafts (3) Deals (1) fashion (7) life (3) nail art (6)

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Craft: Mason Jar sewing kit



The reason I liked this craft is because today I found out that you're not supposed to re-use the mason jar lids(of course!rust!). So with a useless lid my mind then went to this craft I saw on http://www.momtastic.com and I just had to try it. Plus I really wanted a cute sewing kit for college!







 For this craft you will need:

-a glue gun with clear glue

-mason jar with two piece lid(can get at Hobby Lobby or Michael's)

-pillow stuffing(can buy from a fabric store or use an already torn pillow)

-A wide strip of fabric( something I had lying around)


1. To measure how much stuffing you want to use take the stuffing and use it to push the fabric through the lid ring. Work with different sizes of the cushion and the fabric.



 2. Take the lid disc and trace a circle on the fabric that is 2 inches bigger and cut the fabric.


 3. Using the glue gun attach parts of the circle to the lid disc leaving a little pocket for the stuffing. After filling the pocket glue down the last part of the pin cushion.

4. Next pop the pin cushion through the lid ring and voi la you are ready to fill your sewing kit!





No comments:

Post a Comment